Continuing the Geek Pride theme from this weekend, Ryan at the PlayOn blog has very kindly nominated me for a Liebster Award, celebrating new blogs and the people who write them, which was a very cool thing to do.
The rules are:
- Post eleven facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated.
- Choose eleven people (with fewer than 200 followers) to give this award to and link them in your post.
- Go to their page and tell them.
So here we go with eleven facts about me:
- I’m 6’ 6” tall
- My favourite food is pizza with just about anything on it
- I’m fairly addicted to energy drinks
- I still own a VCR and a good few tapes; mostly old wrestling PPVs
- If I don’t medically suffer from S.A.D. then I’m just a big emo kid for weather
- I first got drunk when I was 15…very drunk…but don’t actually remember feeling all that bad the next day
- Whenever I take the day off work from illness, I always put on a Frasier DVD
- I could watch footage of robots making stuff in factories forever
- For the most part, I find any horror film generic and uninspiring
- I’m terrible at doodling pictures
- Since the Nintendo Wii came out, I think I’ve had three proper games of bowling at the bowling alley
Quite a mixed bag there. And now to the questions Ryan set:
What inspired you to start your own blog?
I guess I really needed the practice to write, as well as somewhere to write down my thoughts instead of bugging my nearest and dearest about all the stuff they didn’t necessarily care about!
If there was one thing you would love to do before you die, what would it be?
Jeez, morbid! But I think that I’d love to have something of mine published – a book, or a film or something like that. Something that a lot of people would catch on with and recognise something about themselves within.
Describe yourself in one sentence.
“The tall, overly sarcastic one with the grey hair.”
Something that you recently learned.
I need to go easier on myself; sometimes I can be very tough about things which are out of my control to begin with. I just need to be a little more accepting of my limits.
Would you rather re-visit history or visit the future?
Much as I’d love to see what life will be like in 50 years, it would scare the crap out of me. Much better to go back and have some idea of how things used to be.
Your favourite quality about yourself.
Though you’re yet to see any proof within these answers, I like to think I’m a funny bloke with a quick wit.
What would be your dream job?
With a little discipline, I’d love to be able to write fiction for a living, or even just the latest in geek culture. Cool stuff.
If a Zombie Apocalypse happened tomorrow, what would be the first thing you’d do?
I’d make three phone calls to make sure all my loved ones were okay if I weren’t already with them, then make sure to have them all in the same easily-defendable place.
What helps you take your mind off things?
Playing Fallout 3 used to remove me from whatever was getting me down like nothing else. That or a disc of a good sitcom – I’m Alan Partridge or The IT Crowd.
What is your favourite song at the moment?
Lately I’ve been unable to extract ‘Peggy Sussed’ by Underworld from my brain – it’s the song on the end credits to Sunshine.
What are you most looking forward to this year?
It’s a bit lame of me to wish the summer away, especially as bad as the winter’s been, but in November it’s the Thought Bubble Comic Festival in Leeds, which is always a lot of fun – and with me and my lady making a full weekend of it this year it should be the most fun one yet!
I think I’ll do a little differently than the usual and not tag anyone; just let me know if you feel like answering some questions and I’ll try to think of some! Thanks again for the award, Ryan!
EDIT: I have added some questions! I know that Ari was keen to answer some, so why not try some yourself? Just get in touch and let me know if you’ve had a go…and I can only apologise for their brevity.
- Fantasy or sci-fi?
- Batman or Superman?
- Take That or East 17?
- Decks or guitars?
- WWE or TNA?
- Jean Grey or Emma Frost?
- Tea or coffee?
- Sex Pistols or The Clash?
- iPhone or Android?
- Summer or winter?
- Star Wars or Star Trek?